Thursday, May 1, 2014

Kiskadee Coffee Co.

Outside of Kiskadee Café, right down the street from the
Plymouth waterfront.


Kiskadee Coffee Co.

18 Main St, Plymouth, MA 02360

Hours: Mon-Fri: 6:30 AM-5:00 PM 

            Sat-Sun: 7:30 AM-5:00 PM

http://speedwellcoffee.com


My name is Devin Cormican, and I visited Kiskadee Coffee in downtown Plymouth. It was a refreshing walk from the waterfront where I parked my car and I walked on a side street to get to this coffee shop. When I went it was a beautiful day, on a Sunday afternoon. I have been here before and it gets pretty busy, but on the day I visited there were a pretty good amount of people there. When I first walked in, it seemed a bit dark in there, but the scent of coffee was very inviting. I noticed some regulars in the shop on their computers working. I mostly saw business people and college students walk in and either take the coffee to go or sit at a table and work on their lap tops. The atmosphere is very relaxed and has an artistic feel.








Above is a map of the surrounding coffee businesses (Dunkin Donuts) in the area. There was a Dunkin Donuts right down the street from this shop, but it seems like that did not slow the business down. I talked to one of the managers, K, and he gave me a lot of useful information about the company and he was very polite! He actually referred me to a website (which is also above, http://www.speedwellcoffee.com) and he told me about the business and who owns it. The company is owned and operated by two brothers, one of which runs the business and the other actually roasts his own coffee in Plymouth, MA. The coffee is mainly Robusta and is from Ethiopia and Guatemala. I tried some of the coffee (iced coffee, black) and it was very strong and tasted a bit acidic. From others I heard that they love the coffee and stop by every day.



There are plenty of pictures and paintings on the walls which gives it character. As you
can see, there are tables and couches and artwork around the coffee shop.


The entrance to the coffee shop with other stores nearby.

There are also pastries and other baked goods that they sell here, such as cookies and bagels.
I have tried the hot chocolate and green iced tea and those are great as well! I would
recommend this coffee shop to anyone, it is a perfect location on the waterfront and a great
place for people to work on their laptops or converse with friends.
The staff here are very friendly and helpful as well.
If you are walking around in Plymouth, this is the place to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment