Saturday, May 10, 2014

Über Café


is located at 32 Hastings Street #101, Mendon, MA 01756—
just 15 minutes from Massachusetts’ Route 495.



Über Café can be found at the left entrance of Hood Plaza, a small strip mall with a few other local businesses.


Über Café is open:

MondaySaturday 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Sunday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.

They had a fairly welcoming atmosphere with local art hung up on the walls, warm neutral tones painted throughout, and a hand-drawn menu.  


The café sold coffee roasted at the local Red Barn Coffee Roasters in Hopkinton, MA. The arabica coffee beans used at Über Café are USDA Organic and Fair Trade Certified.



They offered many styles of coffee along with some specialty teas.  They also offered bagels, breakfast sandwiches, salads, wraps, pastries, and soups.  I tried the breakfast blend coffee, black, as well as the peaches and ginger tea and found that both were fairly good.  My Dad tried the latté and my Mom tried a breakfast sandwich and both of them said the enjoyed what they ordered.


 


I went to the café around 2 p.m. on a Sunday so apart from my parents and me, the café wasn't seeing much business.  While I was there, I saw one older man working and reading the newspaper as well as a younger couple that stopped in for a sit down drink.  When I asked the workers about the café, they informed me that Saturday s are one of their busiest days, with younger college and high school students that stop for a sit down meal or coffee. The morning rush during weekdays will bring the café many customers who prefer ordering to-go over the drive-thru at the Dunkin' Donuts that is under 0.2 miles and less than a minute away.


Über Café equally supports the locals as much as the locals support their business.  Along with using locally roasted coffee, Über Café has a bulletin board full of flyers from local businesses and flyers for a local music artist that performs at the café.  They also sell Red Barn Coffee beans and Jelly from a local producer.


Overall I enjoyed my experience at Über Café and would recommend it to a local, but I would not necessarily recommend going on a trip to visit the shop.  Though it supports local business and is fairly welcoming, it was not overly unique and does not have much in the area that I would consider going there worth the drive.  

If you happen to be in the area, take a stop by Über Café or just visit the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment