Monday, April 18, 2016

Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters

Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters

I live in Orange, Massachusetts and we don't have many coffee shops other than Dunkin Donuts; not to mention we have three of them within a twenty-mile radius. However, Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters is a coffee shop, not too close, but not too far from my hometown. SFCR has a total of six locations, and I chose to review the Greenfield, Mass location. This SFCR is located on 100 Federal Street and is located between two Dunkin Donuts, funny enough.

The red blob is Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters while the two
yellow stars are Dunkin Donuts restaurants, only miles away each.
I went to the coffee shop with one of my friends, Megan. I went with Megan because she works there over summers and really enjoys the overall atmosphere and the coffee itself. I figured that she could best help answer some of my questions and we could enjoy some coffee together. 

We went Saturday around 11 o'clock in the morning which Megan tells me is a very busy time. Which doesn't mean too much because customers are in and out of the shop all hours of the day. She also says that when she works, they probably see around 500+ people on an average day.

I asked about the types of coffee sold at this shop and they serve multiple types of coffee from many different parts of the worlds, and many blends, including the rare fair-trade coffee.

Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters is a very quaint shop. It has a very homey feel to it and all the workers are very pleasant. Megan and I sat and talked for awhile, and caught up about finals, family, and our summer plans. As we chatted I ordered a hot breakfast blend coffee with cream and sugar, and she ordered a iced green tea--one of her favorites. Many people came in and out, SFCR does not have a drive-thru it is specifically a walk in shop. Some people chose to dine in and some took their food and beverages to go. Most people were very friendly, many even had personal conversations with one another, and sometimes even the cashiers or workers. 


There were kids and adults who walked in to enjoy some tasty treats; the kids mostly ate pastries or muffins, teenagers came in and bought iced coffees and sometimes breakfast sandwiches, and adults enjoyed hot coffees for the most part. I asked Megan if this was common, and she reassured me that this is the way she usually sees it when she works. Most people take their coffee black, she said.

Hot breakfast blend coffee with cream and sugar
Greenfield, Mass SFCR hours:
Monday-Saturday: 6am-6pm
Sunday: 7am-6pm

Phone number: (413) 773 8028



No comments:

Post a Comment