Monday, April 25, 2016

Coffee Obession- Woods Hole, Ma

From my home in Bridgewater, Ma, there are four Dunkin' Donuts within a mile away from me. That being said, I thought the best coffee ever was a "Pumpkin Spice" Dunkin' Donuts hot coffee, with two cream and two sugars. Boy was I wrong. Branching out and drinking coffee made at shops other than chain coffee shops, like Dunks and Starbucks, is an experience worth taking.

I just happened to be in Woods Hole, Ma when I stumbled upon Coffee Obsession. My destination was actually Woods Hole Science Aquarium which wasn't even a half mile down the street. Located on 38 Water Street and basically on the water, the cafe was calling my name to come in.

The building that holds Coffee Obsession is a beautiful Victorian-looking house. It looked like it had three or four floors but the shop was on the main level. I was especially a sucker for the wrap around porch. I mean, what else could I ask for? The interior was equally as cozy. There was a fire place with wooden tables and chairs to enjoy sitting at.

There was no line at the counter and I was immediately greeted by a friendly server. Behind and around the counter was a bit overwhelming, though. Not only was there many types of coffee to choose from but also tons of food. From granola bars to baked goods, everything looked enticing. I settled on a Brown Sugar flavored coffee and a paleo banana muffin. I most certainly did not regret that decision.

The coffee was debatably one of the best I've ever had. I will admit that maybe it was because the flavor was incredible but it also could have been because of the quality of coffee. My server was happy to answer my questions about where their coffee was from. All the coffee they purchased to brew was fair trade and organic from Boulder Organic Coffee from Boulder, Colorado. She showed me a bag of beans, which said the coffee was from Peru. My muffin was also really great and looked like it was homemade. I would recommend this combo to anyone.

All in all, I was very impressed by Coffee Obsession. It has another location in Falmouth which I definitely plan on visiting this summer. While I went on a weekday afternoon, the shop wasn't very crowded and many people sat with friends or with computers. There were no chain coffee shops particularly close to the shop but I passed at least one Dunkin' Donuts driving through Woods Hole.

Coffee Obsession Woods Hole, Ma Hours:
Monday to Saturday: 6:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Sunday: 7 AM to 5 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment