Sunday, April 24, 2016

Coffee Milano

On a sunny Sunday afternoon, I visited Coffee Milano in downtown Middleboro. I heard about this shop from my father. He is the Lieutenant of Middleboro, and with the Police Station being just a two minute walk from here, he recommended this shop to me. 



Upon entering, I immediately noticed how presentable the front end was. A glass case was full of tasty-looking food with a colorful menu behind it, and a variety of coffee bags were on display. I started small talk with the staff, who were extremely friendly and happy to hear I picked their shop to do a project on. 



After chatting, I examined their huge menu. It had coffee every way you could imagine it: hot, iced, lattes, cappucinos, americanas (my favorite, don't know why I didn't get one of those), espressos, chais, teas and frappes.  They also ordered a large amount of food, focusing on breakfast. Since it was rather warm out, I ordered a coconut iced coffee. Although they used pumps of flavored syrup for the coconut (I prefer my flavors to be brewed in with the beans, not pumped), it was simply a good cup of coffee. Notably refreshing. 


After getting the chance to sit down with my coffee and friends, I couldn't help but notice how it did not have a coffee shop type of feel. To me, coffee shops are usually cozy and homey. But Coffee Milano had two divided, long rooms. It was clean and decorated well, however the ambience was not necessarily homey to me. Based on its appearance, I would guess it was a diner. 




Regardless, I definitely enjoyed my visit. The coffee was good, I didn't have to wait in line, the food looked great, and the staff was friendly. Not to mention the free wi-fi, street view windows, and take out food available. I would rate it an 8 out of 10.

Mon – Sat 7:00 am - 5:00 pm  
Sunday 7:00 am - 2:00 pm



S








Samantha Bazarewsky

No comments:

Post a Comment