Monday, April 9, 2012

Espresso Love, Edgartown MA and Boston in the future

I went to Espresso Love in my home town of Edgartown. I have always gone there for breakfast because they have really good on the go breakfast items. I have heard of people saying their coffee is good. The place has a warm and cheery atmosphere with relaxing music playing all the time. When I was in there they were playing a Coldplay soundtrack. When I asked the employees if their coffee was fair trade and where did it come from they didn't know if it was fair trade and that some of it comes from Ethiopia. I read a couple of their blends that they are selling and one did come from Ethiopia. They have a wide selection of beverages including coffee, lattes, cappuccinos, espressos, teas, hot chocolate, and cold beverages as well. They are open daily from 6:30am to 6:00pm and serve breakfast and lunch items. They have soups, salads, sandwiches, and they usually have a fresh baked casserole or pasta dish everyday. They use mostly organic ingredients for their food, which is normal on the island. They have awesome bagels and breakfast sandwiches, that's what I go there for. I usually get a chai tea as well, those are pretty good but expensive! Everything on MV is more expensive than off-island so the prices are a little high for a cup of coffee or a sandwich. Espresso Love's baked goods are all freshly made daily and are very, VERY yummy. Growing up, I used to go every sunday and my dad would get coffee and I would get a chocolate hazelnut scone which they only made on sundays and they sold fast! I am not a coffee drinker myself, but I asked a couple of people and they said they were satisfied with their coffee, wasn't the best but wasn't the worst. Espresso Love also sells cookbooks, t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, mugs, travel cups and their own roasts. It was opened in Edgartown in 1992 by a single mother of five, she wanted to do something with her baking skills!

17 Church Street  Edgartown, MA 02539

No comments:

Post a Comment