Thursday, April 11, 2013

Somethin's Brewin' Book Cafe: Lakeville, MA


Cozy up amongst the walls of book lined shelves with a refreshing latte and a sweet n’ tangy homemade dessert.


Somethin’s Brewin’ Book Café located in Lakeville, MA offers up a grand menu of coffee’s, homemade pastries, sandwiches and their ever so popular latte’s.

Owner, Joanne gave me a brief history on the place. She’s lived in Lakeville since the 90’s and decided that once her children were born she didn’t want to travel as much for work. For about a decade she reverted to local jobs, mostly school/city counsel until one day she just decided to do it. Joanne knew she loved coffee but had no idea how to run a business. Well needless to say she’s succeeded. Located in the town of Lakeville’s first ever public library, it is a historical landmark and the coziest place to enjoy a good book and one of their signature lattes.


As for my experience at the café, I had arrived just after the lunch rush so I was the only customer there for about half an hour, which to be honest I preferred.  You have the option to dine-in or out, but having the place to myself just made me want to stay even more.



After I had ordered, a caesar wrap and caramel latte, Joanne brought it right to my table and we chatted for a bit about the history of the place and how it all came to be. Incredible doesn’t even begin to describe my lunch at Somethin’s Brewin’. The wrap was arguably the best I’ve ever had and the latte, sweet and energizing.




Now you would assume that most people just order a coffee, considering it is a coffee shop, however that isn’t the case here at Somethin’s Brewin’. Latte’s rule here and they offer up quite a variety, from your traditional latte to a snicker doodle (espresso, chocolate, hazelnut and caramel) and even one called the “funky monkey” (espresso, chocolate, caramel and banana). All of their coffee comes from Speedwell Coffee Company, local roasters out of Plymouth, MA and they are very proud to serve it.


On my way out I couldn’t resist grabbing one of their fresh lemon squares from the desert case up front and it was the perfect treat to complement my latte, highly recommended and made just like my mother’s.

Since it’s opening in 2005/2006, the coffee shop and café has grown and the cliental has been consistent and loyal to Joanne and her staff and with just one trip you will be able to see why.


Cara Sylvia



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment