Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Other Coffee Shack

I visited The Other Coffee Shack on 15 Schoosett Street in Pembroke, Ma. It is a sister coffee shop to The Coffee Shack on 259 Dyke Road in Marshfield, MA. This shop is right near my house and my Dad suggested I go there because he loves it. I have only heard great things about this coffee shop so I decided to give it a shot. The shop is no bigger than a bedroom but does plenty of business. It opened in 2006 but the one in Marshfield has been opened for over 20 years. Both are owned and run by Kenny and Lynda Glod. I went around 10am and there was no one there so it was a great time to ask questions.


There is a Dunkin Donuts 0.6 miles away from The Other Coffee Shack.

This is the menu of the iced coffees that they offer. I ordered a pumpkin pie iced coffee which is half pumpkin spice and half French vanilla. The sign says that they use flavored beans and not syrups. I ordered mine with just skim milk and even with no sugar, the coffee had a lot of taste. I was very surprised by this because I am used to Dunkin Donuts coffee which is not that good without the syrup or sugar in them. The coffee that they use is an Arabica Blend that comes from different countries. One of the companies that provides the coffee beans to them is S&D Coffee and Tea which is out of Avon, MA.

Even though the shop has very flavorful and delicious coffee, they are known for their hand cut donuts. The owner Kenny bakes all of the donuts from scratch for both locations. They sell 15 to 18 dozen donuts a day. They also have other pastries such as muffins, brownies, scones, and the old-fashion hermit which is like a square gingerbread cookie with raisins in it.

If you are ever in the area, be sure to stop at The Coffee Shack to try their delicious coffee and donuts!


No comments:

Post a Comment