Sunday, May 1, 2016

Brewed Awakenings


I visited Brewed Awakenings Located in Hingham MA. It located in downtown Hingham about 5-10 minutes from Hingham harbor and was surrounded by other small stores and restaurants. I went on a Monday at around 1130 AM. As soon as I walked in I noticed it was a very open, roomy building. I approached the counter where I was greeted by a friendly young barista asking how she could help me. The menu was displayed on the wall behind her and there was about seven different boards displaying a huge menu that included hot, cold, and frozen drinks as well as a huge lunch and breakfast menu. They offered breakfast and lunch sandwiches, pastries, and desserts.




The menu was displayed on the wall behind her and there was about seven different boards displaying a huge menu that included hot, cold, and frozen drinks as well as a huge lunch and breakfast menu. They offered breakfast and lunch sandwiches, pastries, and desserts.
The atmosphere was very typical for a coffee shop. I noticed that there was no music playing and it was very quiet and relaxed. Most of the customers consisted mostly of older people in their 60s and 70s. They were meeting with friends, eating breakfast, and reading the newspaper. There were people who just came in, grabbed a coffee for the go and left but the majority of people sitting and spending time there were older. The shop provided free wifi making it possible for people to work on their computers while enjoying a cup of coffee


I ordered a cup of tea while I was there and it all natural and very good. My friend got an expresso that also exceeded our expectations. Both were very hot and fulfilling. After speaking with the barista I found out that Brewed Awakenings gets all of it's coffee from Java Tree. Java Tree makes specific coffee for the shop and although they get their coffee from regions around the world, the beans used in Brewed Awakenings are from Guatemala. Their beans are not only delicious Arabica beans they are also Fair Trade and Shade grown.

My overall experience at this coffee shop was a positive one and I recommend it to all the coffee lovers out there and look forward to returning.


Google Maps

No comments:

Post a Comment