Monday, May 11, 2020

Second Best Coffee - Kansas City, MO

A May 2020 Remote Review

The coffee shop I chose was Second Best Coffee which is located at 328 W 85th St, Kansas City, MO 64114. Second Best Coffee is a brew to order shop where they specialize in drip espresso and cold brew coffee, they also provide regular hot coffee as well. Second best Coffee has a socially diverse atmosphere that brings in hipsters, cyclists and many others. The café itself is designed based off of modern minimalism that helps create a friendly social atmosphere inside. They sell their own coffee in bags from Costa Rica, Burundi, and Ethiopia. The company has also been in the news locally for its delicious coffee twice.

I would recommend to others despite not actually ever visiting myself based upon the outstanding reviews and news footage of the café. The employees are very friendly and sincerely love coffee. I would love to eventually visit the café in person someday.

- Bruno Tamburrini

Professor's note: When my student shared a map depicting this coffee shop, I realized that it was not terribly far from where I went to high school for just 10th and 11th grade. This was 1978-1980, almost 20 years before my interest in real coffee began. But I'm hijacking Bruno's post to show the connection to a shop that I strongly doubt existed at the time. Kansas City, is by the way, one of the largest cities in the United States by area -- sprawling as several separate cities across a major river and a state line.


No comments:

Post a Comment