Tuesday, April 16, 2024

The Boundless Bean

The Boundless Bean

By Christopher Kelley 



The Boundless bean is a local coffee shop that just opened last year in 2023. I learned about them through a promotion they were doing at BSU where they were giving out free coffee coupons. It is only a short walk from campus and I found that many students and teachers frequent the place. 

Inside
When I walked in I was immediately greeted with a smile and asked for my order. I got just a hot black coffee and It was ready before I was done paying. As I enjoyed my coffee I was able to soak in the very cozy vibe that the place had. It wasn't very busy but there where a few groups of people seated and a constant stream of people ordering to go while I was there. It is a pretty small space but it is full of character, from the rustic wooden tables to the customer made art hanging on the walls. While I was sitting I could hear friendly conversations between staff and customers. Customers even greeted a employee as they arrived. 

After I enjoyed my coffee I went up to ask some questions. 

The employee I talked to told me that they get their coffee from Snowy Owl Coffee Roasters. They are located around the cape in Sandwich, MA. They roast coffee from all over, mainly South America and Africa. Their website says they get their coffee from small cooperative farms that focus on environmental stability, economic development and educational enhancement programs

I also asked about their pastries which are mostly made in house or sourced from a local French bakery. I was told to try one of their cinnamon rolls which was made by the woman I talked to. Of course I had to get one and it was amazing. 

She then told me about the mission of the shop which is to employ and uplift people with special abilities, which is amazing. She said that she had been working there since open and has loved it. I also had an opportunity to talk to another employee who said they had been there since September and has absolutely loved it. 

The overall experience was amazing, the coffee was great, the cinnamon roll was delicious, the vibe was immaculate and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I will defiantly be going back and recommending this place to my friends.

This is a map from The Boundless Bean to the nearest Dunkin. Only about 0.7 miles away and probably takes the general population but I doubt they want that much traffic.  



No comments:

Post a Comment