Friday, April 24, 2020

Sawada Coffee - Chicago

An April 2020 Remote Review

The coffee shop that I have chosen to research is called Sawada Coffee. There are two locations of the restaurant; one location is in New York, the other is in Chicago, Illinois. The founder of the restaurant is named Hiroshi Sawada. Hiroshi is a famous barista and “latte art expert."

The atmosphere of the website is warm. My first impression is that the coffee shop is quaint and rustic.The first thing I saw on the website was marvelous photography. The entire backdrop of the website is pictures from the restaurant in scroll style. First, there is a picture of the indoor setting, then an elegant cup of frothy green tea and then artsy looking coffee. There are also pictures of people laughing and having a good time with one another, and a lot of food. The images on the screen are the only thing that can be seen, other than three dots indicating a drop down menu.This shows the website’s visitor that Sawada Coffee associates take pride in the products they make, and the friendships that they facilitate. 

The drop-down menu allowed me to click on “Food and Drinks Menu," which led me to an impressive menu full of things that I would love to try. They have a section in their menu for Espresso, Coffee, Matcha, Tea, Boozy Steamers (which is alcoholic coffee), Doughnut, Morning Snacks, and Sweet Treats. Each menu section has numerous items that can be ordered in different sizes, which is pretty standard for a restaurant menu. The restaurant’s main focus is Coffee, so that should have been clear to the guest by viewing the menu, but it is not. They have so many things on their menu that it could easily get overwhelming while ordering in person. On this menu, I would love to try the Matcha Latte under Matcha, which costs $5.70. This drink intrigues me because it is so expensive, and it is something that I have never tried before. Another thing on the menu that I would like to try is the High Five Mocha under Espresso. That seems like an interesting treat, and I would like to try it because I want to find out what the High Five is in the drink! 

Overall, I would definitely like to try this coffee shop. The restaurant could have made its coffee sources more well known to the consumer, so that way they can make a conscious and educated decision while buying their product. Prices are extremely high at this place, and I would like to know if it is because of the quality of the coffee, and if it is, why don’t they share with their guests where the coffee comes from? If I ever go to Illinois, I will be sure to stop in. 

Here is the link to the website in case you’d like to research it and potentially try it someday! 
http://sawadacoffee.com/chicago/

-- Mackayla Gouvia

Coffee Maven Postscript: My son lives in Chicago, so Sawada is on my list to visit as soon as travel is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment