Sunday, August 4, 2024

Coffeelands, Rutland MA

A Coffee Maven Review

This visit has a bit of a backstory -- I'll do my best to keep it brief. It starts with another café -- Coffeelands in Clinton. The fact that Coffeelands is not on this blog already is a huge oversight! Not only have I been there many times, but it is also my favorite café. Yes, the Coffee Maven has a favorite, and Coffeelands in Clinton is it!

I post about it frequently on Facebook, but I just realized that the only post on Geocafes is a very brief 2017 post about its precursor -- Coffeelands World Gifts Espresso Café. If it sounds like it was named by a committee, that is because it essentially was. The original café was founded circa 2011 by my friends at the Polus Center for Social & Economic Development (another long story).

When the global non-profit organization decided to sell the café, they found the perfect buyer, who simplified its name and business plan, but has kept its focus on celebrating the farming communities that grow its coffee, tea, and chocolates. 









No comments:

Post a Comment